Tuesday 24 July 2012

6 Week Check

And all is well even if I cried.....a lot! :)


Am pretty sure this is not connected to the trial but more with the whole situation, so won't go into detail here.


Blood pressure and bloods were fine. We discussed the side effects I'm experiencing, which are as of today

  • Extremely sore feet
  • Slightly sore hands
  • Dizziness
  • Bouts of diarrhea 
  • Itchy sore scalp

Apart from the feet, they are mild and manageable. Feet and hands are in good shape though as I've really been looking after them, with plenty of moisturisers and regular softening foot baths. They was some concern that I was needing to take painkillers and we discussed reducing the dose. I'm on two tablets, twice a day. 


I have however elected to stay on this dose for a bit longer and see what happens. Most side effects are reducing the longer I take them as my body adjusts. I'm not back at work yet, so if I'm having a bad foot day it doesn't have too much of an impact.


I'll review it in two weeks and if there's no improvement will call and see about reducing


Next appointment is 11th of September, I need to get bloods and a chest x-ray just before. 


All in all, things are ticking along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment